As a gentle introduction to Fabula, let’s consider a classic example, “Hello, World!”
An applet is a core concept of Fabula. Applets are components from which applications are built.
A new version of Fabula Programming System (previously Fab Web Tools) has been released. FPS is a complete rework of FWT, now residing at gofabula.com. Among the new features:
- real-time database: whenever a project has been modified, or a new post was added on a forum, the changes are immediately reflected on all the computers connected to FPS; no need to refresh manually
- to login, one can use an existing account with Google, GitHub, Facebook or Twitter
- Fabula Debugger has been implemented
- projects are private by default, until they are explicitly published
- automatic HTML generation for running a project
- Project Builder enhancements: project dependencies, import code generation, revision rollback etc.
- multiple language changes: export specifications, simplified applet structure, etc.
- new GUI templates with better integration with Bootstrap